Skip to main content
Vraag

I moved the Sonos Move 2 between networks and now I can't connect to it anymore

• 16 July 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 35 Bekeken

I bought a Sonos Move 2. I thought that since it has Bluetooth I would be able to take it with me on a short vacation. I found out that the Bluetooth feature wasn’t working (!) and that it had to be connected to a wifi. I connected it to the hotel wifi and it actually kinda worked after roughly 1 h of trying (spread out over 1-2 days). Had to factory reset it to get it working

When I got home and tried to connect it back to my home wifi. It’s impossible. No matter what I do, or how many factory resets I do, it wont add to my Sonos system. Sometimes I get past the sound PIN step, sometimes it fails before that. So far I’ve not been able to get passed the step where it connects to wifi. I’m copy pasting the password from my phone so it’s not that. And it was working before. I believe it’s in some deadlock where it believs that it is in the system already or something. 

After roughly the 20th time of trying I made a video that I would like Sonos to see and help me get this working. I’m not willing to share it here since that would mean sharing my wifi password. I have not found a way to simply connect to Sonos support via email, but that is basically what I want. Send me a funcional Move 2. I’ve purchases so many Sonos products and I don’t know why the Move 2 software is so horrible. The sound is good, but that doesn’t really matter when it’s not working.

4 Reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Er staat beschreven dat alvorens je Bluetooth kan gebruiken je de speaker eerst via wifi moet aanmelden.

Wellicht lukt het om de speaker nu eerst met een netwerkkabel te verbinden en anders even bellen met Sonos.

En, oh ja, dit betreft een Nederlandstalig forum, vandaar mijn reactie in die taal.

Dank je wel! Mijn Nederlands is niet zo goed. Ik ben hier in december komen wonen. 
Move 2 heeft echter geen netwerkkabel. Ik sta al in de wachtrij voor ondersteuning, maar dat duurt een eeuwigheid. Wat ik wil doen is in contact komen met iemand bij Sonos die de video kan bekijken die ik heb opgenomen om het probleem te laten zien. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Er bestaat ook een Engelstalig forum met heel wat meer gebruikers. 

Reputatie 7

Je zou hem nog eens kunnen resetten voor je hem thuis toevoegt. Overigens zegt de handleiding het volgende: 

• Move 2 must be set up on a WiFi network before it can be used as a Bluetooth speaker.

zie https://support.sonos.com/en/article/set-up-your-sonos-move-2

Hotel wifi is overigens geen goede omgeving voor Sonos: de telefoon moet de speaker kunnen “zien” en vice versa. Een hotelnetwerk is er nu juist op gebouwd dat devices elkaar niet zien.

Reageer