Audio delay - SONOS IKEA symphonic + AppleTV

• 28 November 2021
  • 3 reacties
  • 281 Bekeken

Hello everyone,

I set up my new SONOS Symphonic at home. I connected the SONOS to my home Wifi.

I added the device to the AppleTV so that I could have the SONOS sound while watching movies.

But the audio is out of sync completely. The audio comes after the video by 2-3 seconds.

I only have the Symphonic, no Home Theater setup, as I thought that with AppleTV, you could connect the speakers without needed the full set up. Was it a mistake? Is there a solution to fix the audio delay?

Reageren op dit topic is niet mogelijk.

3 Reacties

Badge +2

Hello @bgoubert,

Welcome to Sonos community.

I would like to advise you next time to contact us via our English community  to obtain a more efficient communication between us.

To answer your question, there can be indeed a delay between sound and video in your case due to the fact that Sonos symfonisk isn’t a Home Theater product. A sound delay is usualy caused by the broadcast itself or a bad connection between your cables/satellite box. You can try using an iPhone and calibrate the audio signal on your Apple TV via Wireless Audio Sync.

Hello @Andreea L ,

My apologies for posting in the wrong place.

You said: “You can try using an iPhone and calibrate the audio signal on your Apple TV via Wireless Audio Sync.” Do you have a step by step process on how to do that please?

Thank you very much

Badge +2

Hey, @bgoubert 

I'm sorry you waited so long for my answer. How is it? Did you manage to make it work?

You can use an iPhone to calibrate the audio signal on your Apple TV so that all speakers play in sync by using this steps:

1. Open Settings on Apple TV.
  2. Go to Video and Audio, then scroll down to Calibration.
  3. Select Wireless Audio Sync, then follow the onscreen instructions for using your iPhone to sync your speakers.

You should find more about it on Apple TV support. 

Please let me know if I can help you with any more informations!