My mom likes to use my Sonos when I'm not at home

• 9 October 2020
  • 2 reacties
  • 256 Bekeken

I need a PIN code on the paid services in the Sonos S2 app. When I'm not at home, listening to my Spotify music and someone's at my home using my app to listen to music on my Sonos system, my Spotify music pauses because the Spotify license only allows one playback at a time. Very unpleasant! A simple PIN code for using the services (like Spotify) or log in using the Sonos credentials to use the connected services would solve this problem. But no, am I the only one with this problem?

Reageren op dit topic is niet mogelijk.

2 Reacties

Hi. welcome to the Dutch forum. This is on many wish lists from many people since many years. Sonos has no user authorization. Once on your network, anybody can use your Sonos system. Some options are:

• make a guest wifi, people on the guest wifi can not use your Sonos
  • upgrade to Spotify Family, you then have up to 5 accounts

Hi Eddie

Thank you for your response. I already have a family plan, so does she. But I think she doesn’t listen to me, to not use my Sonos app to listen to Spotify. :( If I make a guest wifi, she can’t use my speaker at all, because she has to use Spotify Connect to play music on my speaker. When she wants to listen to the local radio, she is allowed to use the Sonos app because that feature is free.

I just need Sonos to make my (our) life easier. Add the PIN code, all problems solved.

Isn’t this system expensive enough to make a little demand like this?

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi. welcome to the Dutch forum. This is on many wish lists from many people since many years. Sonos has no user authorization. Once on your network, anybody can use your Sonos system. Some options are:

• make a guest wifi, people on the guest wifi can not use your Sonos
  • upgrade to Spotify Family, you then have up to 5 accounts