Vraag

Sonos turntables connect to sonos system

• 26 November 2020
  • 1 reactie
  • 129 Bekeken

Hello everyone,

My parents bought a Sonos system last year. It consists of 1x Sonos Beam and 2x Sonos One to create a home cinema connected to the tv, and for music off course. Now that it’s black friday, they also ordered another 2x Sonos One for in the kitchen and a Sonos Move to move around the house/garden. It’s all connected to one big setup in the Sonos app. 

My parents have a big box of LP’s in the attic from in the old days and suddenly got the idea to also buy a turntable for their setup. We found out that Sonos indeed also had those, so we were planning to buy the Sonos Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable.

But we noticed that it requires certain speakers to connect it to the setup (Five, Play:5, Amp, Port, Connect, Connect:Amp). As we already ordered extra speakers for a lot of money, and the turntable also isn’t exactly cheap, I wanted to now if there isn’t any other way to connect it to our setup? Using the application or something like that? Or maybe a cheaper 3rd party device? The turntable plus the cheapest possible Sonos device to connect to costs more than €800 together… That sounds a bit like overkill to play sone LP’s, certainly if we just ordered devices for a pretty big price :sweat_smile:

Does a cheaper way to connect exist?

Thanks in advance! 

Joren

Reageren op dit topic is niet mogelijk.

1 Reactie

Reputatie 7

Not sure if it'll work, but I've seen people trying to connnect a turntable to their TV's RCA-in to get the turntable's sound to the Beam and from there in the Sonos environment. Not sure if that's possible (not many TV's support this anymore) or if that's what you'd want - for your parents or in general.

You could try to find a Port (or 2016 and on Connect) on eBay. Remember the turntable must have a preamp (buit in  or separate) for this and any Sonos connection.